Saturday, December 10, 2016

MASKED 12 - JAZZ ALBUMS 2016

Here's my annual list of favorite Jazz albums for the year. I listen to a lot of Jazz and Reggae and these are the twelve Jazz albums that would break through the constant background music and make me stop and look to see what's playing. By the end of the year I just knew.

Some years an album or two would be heads above the others. This year I enjoyed all of these works equally but if you don't buy much jazz check out Lucian Ban's "Songs from Afar"

So here are the Masked12 for 2016



Charles Lloyd & the Marvels - I Long to See You

Lucian Ban - Songs from Afar

Larry Young - In Paris: The ORTF Recordings

Renee Rosnes - Written in the Rocks

Vijay Iyler & Wadada Leo Smith - A Cosmic Rhythm with Each Stroke

Jack DeJohnette-Ravi Coltrane-Matt Garrison - In Movement

Eli Degibri - Cliff Hangin'

Omar Sosa & Paolo Fresu - Eros

Richard Bona & Mandekan Cubano - Heritage

Enrico Pieranuzi - New Spring

Charlie Haden Liberation Music Orchestra - Time/Life


Tom Harrell - Something Gold, Something Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment